Friday, February 6, 2015

Love Bird


I just bought a brick look embossing folder at Pat Catans.  I love the look of brick showing through plaster so I thought I would try to recreate the look on this card.  I embossed the brick on tan colored cardstock then rubbed over the raised bricks with Ranger Sepia Archival Ink.  Then I smeared on some homemade texture medium and dried it.  I embossed the bird stamp with black embossing powder then tore the edges of my papers and sponged them with the sepia ink.  I wrapped the twine around the card gluing here and there and slid the bird under the twine.  I added a crochet flower that my mom made, a flat back pearl, some lace scraps, die cut some leaves and added a chipboard heart. 

The stamp is from Stampin' Up Friends 24-7.
 I'm entering this in 

My Tic Tac Toe is from the bottom left corner (twine) diagonally to top right corner (embossing powder).





6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful creation to enter into Our Creative Corner challenge this month. I love the way you did the brick at the back. That is very clever and the stamped bird set the card off nicely. Thanks for joining us. xxx Happy Crafting, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card ! Love the brick, textured background. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous mixed media card, Heidi!! Love that darling crocheted heart!! Thanks for joining us at our Tic Tac Toe Challenge at Our Creative Corner!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a darling card! I love the textured brick background! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely card with lots of clever details and textures. Love the bird and the sweet heart. Thanks so much for joining in my challenge at Our Creative Corner this month. Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful layering! I love how this has come together. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete